New World Long Bay opens
New World Long Bay opens its doors on Tuesday 28 May, in the heart of the community’s brand-new retail and lifestyle destination north of Auckland.
Calling the centre of the new Long Bay Village development ‘home,’ New World Long Bay will service the rapidly growing community of Long Bay as more families settle down amongst its coastal views and into a relaxed beach lifestyle.
The new store will employ approximately 95 staff. From in-store butchery, bakery and seafood fresh experts, to checkout operators and department managers, the team will be responsible for delivering the freshest food, meal solutions and a superior shopping experience that customers have grown to expect, and love, from New World.
New World Long Bay will also be the first store in the North Island to offer a bring-your-own container (BYO) option to help New Zealanders reduce their environmental footprint. After successful trials at a number of stores, the BYO offering will officially kick off North Island-wide on 1 June. The BYO option allows customers to bring their own clean, leak-proof containers in the serve-over sections of the butchery, seafood, delicatessen and bakery departments. The offering is only available at these departments at this point for two reasons: one, it means department employees can give the containers a onceover and make sure they are fit for purpose and most importantly clean, and two, employees can ensure the weight of the container is subtracted from the weight of the product being purchased.
Moving towards zero waste
Encouraging customers to reuse containers is just one of the many initiatives by Foodstuffs to help shoppers move towards a zero-waste lifestyle.
Some of the new store’s other features include:
- An expansive craft beer and wine selection, both home to award-winning brews, ciders and wines from New World’s annual Beer & Cider Awards and Wine Awards;
- A coffee bar with a dedicated barista serving up your daily caffeine fix;
- State-of-the-art technological and environmental efficiencies to deliver on our sustainability initiatives;
- An array of suppliers local to the Long Bay neighbourhood and New Zealand favourites, including Together Bespoke Wholefood Catering, Tio Pablo and Matakana Coffee Roasters;
- Proximity to the Long Bay Village’s other amenities including restaurants, bars, cafes, a medical centre and shops;
- Colourful underground parking for those rainy days.
The store is owned and operated by Marcus Te Brake, a second-generation Foodstuffs North Island owner and operator.
New World Long Bay is located at 55 Glenvar Ridge Road in Long Bay and is open every day from 7am-10pm. For store updates, check out @NewWorldLongBay on Facebook.