Foodstuffs is proud to stand with New Zealanders and celebrate the elimination of COVID-19, and a return to shopping normally for their stores, teams and customers.
“After 75 days of restrictions to head off the COVID-19 threat and to protect one another, especially our most vulnerable New Zealanders, by staying home and keeping tight bubbles, we are pleased that our stores are back to normal,” says the Foodstuffs team.
“Everything customers know and love about their local New World, PAK’nSAVE or Four Square, has returned, with a few exceptions including our enhanced hygiene and cleaning protocols so we can continue to keep our staff and customers safe, and Ministry of Health QR code signage for contact tracing.
“We are thankful to our customers and to all New Zealanders for their hard work and sacrifices that have helped us all to eliminate COVID-19 and get to Level 1,” says Chris Quin, CEO of Foodstuffs North Island. “There is no denying that the last couple of months have been challenging. Our team and our supplier partners battled with pressures on key products like hand sanitiser and toilet paper in February, and then yeast and flour flew off the shelves in March as New Zealanders discovered their inner baker, and throughout lockdown we had to manage stringent physical distancing measures and limit numbers in store, all of which posed unique challenge for store teams. But thanks to our customers, we navigated this hardship together and have come out on the other side stronger and wiser. Thank you to every New Zealander for the positive role you played throughout this crisis, and thank you to our suppliers for partnering and rolling their sleeves up to assure New Zealanders had what they needed for their families.”
“On behalf of our 39,000-strong team, to New Zealand’s 5 million-strong team, thank you for your patience, understanding and collaboration,” says Steve Anderson, CEO of Foodstuffs South Island. “We’ve looked out for one another, played it safe and remained vigilant, and these efforts enabled us to beat COVID-19 together. Our teams look forward to continue feeding New Zealand and welcoming customers back in store without the restrictions of COVID-19.”
What does Level 1 look like in our stores?
- Our fresh experts in our Bakery, Deli, Butchery and Seafood serve over departments are back to full service and look forward to serving up mouth-watering doughnuts, the freshest catch of the day, finest meats and more to customers.
- Physical distancing is no longer required in-store, which means there are no more customer limits or queues to enter stores. We’ve also opened back up all checkout lanes and self-checkouts.
- We invite you to shop with your friends, family, spouse, whānau or children again, rather than alone. Thanks for bearing with us on this one.
- Our bag packers are back at checkout ready to serve you, and you are most welcome to shop with your reusable bags again.
- Our BYO container and reusable coffee cup offerings have returned.
“Customers will continue to see our enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocol in stores, as well as hand sanitising stations, so we can continue to keep our customers and staff safe. The perspex screens are also sticking around for a bit longer. In line with the Government’s request to continue making contact tracing available, stores will make available QR codes for customers to scan and register upon store entry.
“It’s been a long road from #shopnormal to shopping normally again, but we did it New Zealand,” says Quin.
“When you return to stores and settle back into your new normal, our team look forward to serving you and maybe helping you enjoy with a celebratory coffee or doughnut.”
“You did a damn good job New Zealand. Thank you.”